Job DescriptionApply Now
Occupational Therapy Assistant - Flex/PRNJob ID 4349995 Date posted 03/31/2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for the day to day Occupational Therapy treatments to meet resident’s needs in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed. Is a role model of customer service principle and consistently monitors and implements quality efforts. Ensure that the department functions according to accepted quality standards. Demonstrates respect for, adherence to and promotion of the mission and philosophy of Erickson Living Health Services and person centered care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understanding and compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billing reimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and other requirements as defined in the respective regulations.
- Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacy and maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right to make personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with the resident’s interdisciplinary care plan
- Consistently and appropriately responds to the needs and concerns of residents, families, and visitors in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hazards and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff to maintain a safe environment for residents, families and staff.
- Participate in facility and department meetings as appropriate.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of all customers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer service focus.
- Demonstrates strong time-management skills to efficiently and effectively manage administrative and patient care delivery responsibilities.
- Provide therapy duties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
- Document services and billing completed accurately, in a timely manner, according to company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the patient’s plan of care is communicated to patient and to family, if appropriate.
- Orient and train new staff as requested.
- Maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.
- Provide delivery of OT services in accordance with the primary OT patient Plan of Care (POC) in compliance with state regulations that pertain to occupational therapy assistants (COTAs).
- Communicate residents’ occupational therapy needs to occupational therapists, or appropriate staff members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Need to utilize good reasoning and judgment skills to provide treatment in accordance with the established plans of care.
- Must be able to accurately complete documentation, billing, and timesheets.
- Reasonable typing and computer skills required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain minimum state education requirements. Degree and training must meet current Medicare and state requirements for license.
- Experience in therapeutic care of the older adult across multiple diagnostic groups is preferred.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Intermittent supervision of rehabilitation technicians and occupational therapy assistant students may be required in accordance with State regulations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Possess a valid current state license (for state in which the community provides service) as an occupational therapy assistant, where applicable.
- Must meet CEU requirements to maintain valid state licensure in the state in which the community provides service.
- Current CPR Certification.