Job DescriptionApply Now
Accounts Receivable/ Business Analysis ManagerJob ID 6411720 Date posted 12/07/2017
The Accounts Receivable/Business Analysis Manager for Erickson Living plays a key role in optimizing the department through effective reporting, process improvements, training, and support of operational excellence. As a leading provider of senior housing, wellness and healthcare services, Erickson Living is experiencing unprecedented demand that requires an exceptional pipeline of talented accounts receivable professionals to ensure we successfully deliver on these critical organizational initiatives.
- Oversee first level functional system and process support for Vision (medical practice management systems) and Emdeon (claims clearinghouse system) to the A/R department.
- Manage vendor and contractor system modifications for claims clearing house system.
- Manage configuration changes within assigned systems.
- Directly manage the following:
- Analysis staff that support the overall business processes, policies, functional system support and training for the department.
- Temporary staff that research and cleanup legacy claims, credits, denials, etc.
- Collect, manage and prioritize with leadership the full list of business process, system, training and reporting request changes and enhancements.
- Develop best practices business processes, policies and procedures for the department.
- Engineer and re-engineer processes to achieve optimal business operations and system efficiency.
- Assist in the establishment of policies and procedures that ensure adequacy of internal controls.
- Audit, test and document results for key business processes and system interactions.
- Responsible for testing all upgrades or system enhancements will work closely with the software vendor or IT to ensure all billing and financial system requirements are met.
- Identify, define and document business use case scenarios; Carry out and accurately report on Q/A testing; Develop plans and lead groups through user acceptance testing and detail outcomes.
Business Performance Management
- Partner with A/R Leadership to define KPIs for each A/R team that will be used to manage staff overall performance.
- Gather and document detailed requirements for system enhancements or new report requests.
- Analyze information from disparate data sources and offer solutions to business issues
- Responsible for auditing system data and detailing remediation plans and implementation of controls.
- Provide month end support and reporting to A/R and business clients
- Be familiar with all types of third party reimbursement in order to maintain billing system rates and contractual allowances; will also work with payers when new contracts are signed to insure that billing/edit requirements are met in order to bill timely and correctly.
- Must be familiar withUB-04, 1500, and 5010 format and be able to research billing errors to determine cause and either correct or provide training to the A/R staff.
- Individual must have a strong knowledge of Medicare regulations and billing requirements for skilled nursing, therapy, certified home health and hospice.
- Deep understanding of financial operations as well as process workflows within skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, as well as ancillary health services such as therapy, certified home health, private duty home support, and hospice.
- Knowledge of Vision or other medical practice management systems.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year college degree required. With emphasis in information technology preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Graduate degree a plus
- Thorough knowledge of claims clearinghouse system preferred.