Job DescriptionApply Now
Banquet Catering Lead CookJob ID 6326050 Date posted 11/25/2017
The Banquet Catering Lead Cook is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and quality of food purchasing, receiving, storage as directed for all Catering Events. Responsible for the efficiency of food preparation (from pre-preparation to plate presentation), sanitation of the production areas, and direct supervision of production on a shift to shift basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
1. Directs daily kitchen production and food preparation for Catering Events.
2. As directed, monitors and documents preparation and service accuracy for all menu items to include recipes, proper food handling, food safety, proper temperature, taste, consistency, diet restrictions (therapeutic and consistency when applicable) and portion control, utilizing the meal production forecast.
3. Supervises proper presentation of all food items and to provide maximum appeal and freshness.
4. Has knowledge of and ensures HACCP procedures and practices are in place are followed.
5. Maintains effective communication with managers, fellow supervisors, subordinates and all other coworkers.
6. Assists with supervision of organization and sanitation of dining rooms, kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
7. Supervises & supports the opening and closing of food service operation.
8. Exhibits professionalism in all aspects of the job.
9. Provide direction for daily operation of all food production facilities.
10. Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
11. Ensures that food service programs are operated in compliance with federal, state and/or local laws and statutes.
12. As directed effectively uses designated food service and other computer systems. Develop, implement and maintain service menus and recipe management system and BOH computer system.
• Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, full service dining environment. Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to organize and set-up assigned station in a timely manner prior to meal service, and complete menu item production for assigned meal period.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of maintaining a clean and sanitary work station. Completes cleaning assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise.
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of one year of Catering and full service cooking experience is required.
• Graduate of a certified culinary program or college preferred.
• Supervisory and coaching skills, experience preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Applicable food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.