Job DescriptionApply Now
CNA - Private Duty Home Care PRN/FlexJob ID 4342862 Date posted 03/30/2017
At Charlestown retirement community located in Catonsville, MD we provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. We offer a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and workplace that inspires you to do your best every day.
Part-Time & Flex Shifts Available
A Home Support Aide is a qualified individual who carries out social, personal and non-medical care tasks and who may also provide assistance with housekeeping and other related supportive tasks to a Resident in his/her place of residence. The aide may perform other tasks permissible under State scope of practice and regulatory guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists clients with personal care and activities of daily living in a calm, professional and proficient manner; respecting residents’ privacy, dignity and safety.
2. Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
3. Effectively implements individualized resident care plans.
4. Escorts Resident to appointments.
5. Keeps the rooms the Resident uses clean, including making bed, changing bed linens, dusting, vacuuming, washing dishes, tidying kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.
6. Shops or does errands for Resident.
7. Washes Resident's laundry.
8. Dresses in appropriate uniform at all times. Visibly displays ID Badge at all times.
Qualifications• Has recent experience in personal care and homemaking.
• Demonstrates maturity.
• Able to read and write English in order to understand and carry out directions and instructions and maintain simple records.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and a basic understanding of the duties of a home support aide and the needs of the Resident.
• Able to accept and use supervision.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certified as a Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Geriatric Nursing Assistant .
• CPR certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk (considerable); sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, roll or transfer patients of variable sizes and weights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception