Job DescriptionApply Now
EMT/EMR Campus Security Officer-Flex/On-Call - MUST HAVE EMT/EMR LICENSE (Weekend and Night Availability Preferred)Job ID 2370973 Date posted 06/14/2016
The EMT/EMR Security Officer is responsible for carrying out the Security and Emergency Services Programs under the direction of the Supervisor to include; Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and Prevention/Outreach. This position performs regular patrols of the property, staffing of the gatehouse, and responds to emergency and routine calls for service. The Security and Emergency Services Officer III, delivers exceptional customer service and hospitality, and fosters an environment of safety and security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Daily interior and exterior patrols of the building and grounds.
2. Driving of the Security vehicle.
3. Staffs gatehouse to ensure the screening of visitors, residents and employees.
4. Performs enforcement of traffic and parking regulations.
5. Responds to medical emergencies and provides assessment and treatment according to standards of care.
6. Responds to routine requests for service.
7. Responds to reports of missing items, theft, vandalism, and other potential criminal activity
8. Documents accidents involving vehicles, employees, residents, visitors, and property.
9. Assists with searches of missing residents
10. Completes thorough and detailed incident reports using our online report system.
11. Conducts safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA code compliance.
12. Expected to respond and assist in Community Emergencies, including but limited to; fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats and evacuations.
13. Utilizes local police, fire, and EMS, effectively during emergencies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Prior experience in Security and Emergency Services or related field (preferred)
• 1 year prior experience as an Emergency Medical Technician or Responder (preferred)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Requires current and valid state’s driver license.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a Company vehicle.
3. Requires current CPR for Healthcare Providers
4. Requires current certification/license as an Emergency Medical Technician or Emergency Medical Responder
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of
Weekend and Night Availability Preferred