Job DescriptionApply Now
Housekeeping Utility Worker/Floor Care Technician - Part-time/ Evening ShiftJob ID 5942988 Date posted 10/10/2017
The Housekeeping Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the Community, through the use of specialized equipment. Ensures proper handling and disposal of waste and utilizes work orders to ensure proper room/furniture setups. Also assists with movement and delivery of heavy objects/packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices.
1) Moving and rearranging furniture in residential apartments.
2) Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
3) Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
4) Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
5) Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
6) Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and
7) Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness.
8) Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment.
9) May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
10) Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as
changes in behavior.
11) Maintains resident rights and maintain confidentiality of information.
12) Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
13) Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred.