Job DescriptionApply Now
IT Service Desk AnalystJob ID 6386763 Date posted 12/04/2017
SUMMARY: The I.T. Service Desk Analyst provides 1st level (and some 2nd level) support for all IT supported systems and technologies. They serve as the first point of contact for all IT incidents and service requests. This position provides excellent customer service, resolves a large percentage of items, escalates as appropriate, and documents issues and resolutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer incoming technical support phone calls and emails in a high-volume environment and enter all pertinent information and updates of the reported issues into a ticket tracking application.
- Delivers high levels of customer service at all times and ensures compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs.)
- Provide 1st level (and some 2nd level) technical support for the following:
- All IT hardware including desktops, laptops, networking and telephony equipment
- Desktop software applications
- Business / Enterprise software applications
- Analyzes and documents reported issues and outages - determines severity, impact, and nature of reported issues, and begins incident or service request management process
- Proactively checks the Service Desk queue for open tickets
- May occasionally provide desk side services as required including: installs, system configuration, hardware break/fix and advanced technical support
- Assist various teams in the I.T. Department on corporate I.T. project deliverables
- Create and maintain Service Desk documentation and intranet sites Document solutions into Knowledge Base articles to improve future service delivery
- Strong customer service focus
- Possess the temperament to work under pressure in a demanding and changing environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm to master new software products and releases
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage priorities, working both independently and within a team
- Desire and ability to develop skills through on the job learning and formal training courses
- Ability to converse with all levels of customers, from line staff to executive officers
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints, as well as deal appropriately with emotional customer service situationsThe ongoing pursuit of technical certifications is encouraged:
- Preferred Technical Certifications:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- A+ Certification
- Preferred Professional Certification
- ITIL Foundations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or Certificate from a Technical School/Institute preferred.
- Technical certifications are a plus (see list above).
- A minimum of two years of relevant IT experience or related computer business experience required.
- Experience and/or knowledge in several of the following technologies is required:
- Microsoft Windows 7 & XP configuration, support and troubleshooting
- Network support and administration in Windows Active Directory
- Connectivity and networking support and troubleshooting in complex, multi-site LAN/WAN environment
- Use of Remote support and desktop sharing technologies
- Use and support of MS Office Suite Versions 2003, 2007, and 2010
- PC hardware installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Use, support and configuration of Voice over IP telephone systems
- Support and troubleshoot remote access technologies and components
- Support and troubleshoot enterprise applications, client server and web-based
- Incident tracking and call management technologies
- Candidates should show evidence of an inclination towards continuous learning.