Job DescriptionApply Now
Network Administrator - Network OperationsJob ID 6274085 Date posted 11/16/2017
SUMMARY: The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of data, voice, video, and wireless network services. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Coordinate and collaborate with server engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of network to meet business demands.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, wireless equipment, virtual appliances and PON devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all communities, servers, telephony equipment and end user devices.
- Administer all network equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Check IT Service Management database for entries on network and network resource issues; prioritize and respond to service/incident tickets as appropriate.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems for on and off-hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Industry certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCDP/CCSP, and /or Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE, desired.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline required.
- Minimum of five years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing network environments required.