Job DescriptionApply Now
Network Administrator - Telecom OperationsJob ID 6388697 Date posted 12/04/2017
SUMMARY: The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of the network communications infrastructure with a primary focus on voice, video, and collaboration platforms. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all voice and video network hardware, software, and communication links.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
- Support VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including IP-PBXs, call management systems, voice mail systems, collaboration platforms, and wired/wireless phones as well as video endpoints.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, server engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of voice, video and collaboration systems platform to meet business demands.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for voice, video, and collaboration resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage all voice, video, and collaboration network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, purposed built wireless equipment virtual appliances, and PON devices.
- Operate and administer all core telecommunication network end user devices, equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports as it relates to the voice and video systems.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage security solutions for the voice, video, and collaboration systems.
- Check IT Service Management database for entries on telecom network and network resource issues; prioritize and respond to service/incident tickets as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Proficiency in core networking foundations within an enterprise environment, interacting with wireless, security, and route/switch disciplines.
- Must have Cisco Unified Communications platforms experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of SIP trunks, T1 PRIs, and analog FXO/FXS lines.
- Hands-on network and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Industry certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCDP/CCVP/CCSPCCSP, and /or Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE, desired.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline required.
- Minimum of five years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing network environments required.