Job DescriptionApply Now
Nursing Scheduler / Staffing CoordinatorJob ID 5970726 Date posted 10/12/2017
At Charlestown retirement community located in Catonsville, MD we provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. We offer a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and workplace that inspires you to do your best every day.
We are currently recruiting for a Nursing Scheduler / Staffing Coordinator in our Continuing Care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Coordinates nursing staffing and scheduling for Continuing Care. This would include the positions of RN, LPN, GNA & CMA.
2. Reviews/reconciles unit payroll in Kronos. Responsible for daily Kronos reconciliation and record keeping of staffing changes. Manages the calendar requests of flex staff, PTO requests and ensures these requests are reflective in changes made to the schedule.
3. Participates in nursing performance reviews as it relates to employee attendance. Tracks and communicates attendance issues and concerns to Nursing Administration.
4. Performs daily, weekly and monthly review and communication of key business metrics at the direction of Continuing Care Administration.
5. Monitors and coordinates census management for unit. Utilizes census data to establish proper staffing levels in Continuing Care.
6. Participates in the Continuing Care New Employee Orientation and the onboarding process of new nursing team members.
7. Participates in daily, weekly and monthly nurse management meetings to update the team on staffing needs and concerns.
8. Manages staffing and scheduling in accordance with Continuing Care labor budget.
9. Provides proper document management and retention to include callout logs, FMLA/ADA/LOA, and Worker’s Compensation tracking.
10. Utilizes essential technology and programs that include the phone system, Kronos and Microsoft office.
: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and apply critical thinking.
• Strong computer and telephone skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in scheduling and staffing for a Continuing Care facility.
• Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to stand and walk.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk/hear.
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Erickson Living Communities operate on a 24/7 schedule. Therefore, an employee may be required to work additional hours or a varied schedule due to inclement weather or other emergency situations.
OSHA OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE CATEGORY: After careful analysis, it has been determined that this falls into OSHA Occupational Exposure Category III and requires the following protective equipment be worn by anyone filling this position.
o GLOVES, GOWNS, MASKS, AND/OR GOGGLES: Training will be provided in how to properly and effectively use any necessary equipment, in addition to education regarding precautionary measures, epidemiology, and modes of transmission and prevention of HIV/HBV.
• Decides on staffing/scheduling for nursing staff in Continuing Care.
FORMAL POLICY-SETTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides input into policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES: