Job DescriptionApply Now
Physical Therapist PRNJob ID 4442291 Date posted 04/13/2017
At Charlestown retirement community located in Catonsville, MD we provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. We offer a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and workplace that inspires you to do your best every day.
Responsible for physical therapy evaluation, screenings and treatment to meet customer needs. Is a role model of customer service principles and consistently monitors and implements quality efforts. Ensure that the department functions accordingly to accepted regulatory and quality standards with a customer service focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrates respect for, adherence to and promotion of the mission and philosophy of Erickson Living.
2. Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations, APTA and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understanding and compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billing reimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and other requirements as defined in the respective regulations.
3. Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacy and maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right to make personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with the resident’s interdisciplinary care plan
4. Consistently and appropriately responds to the needs and concerns of residents, families, and visitors in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner.
5. Demonstrates awareness of potential hazards and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff to maintain a safe environment for residents, families and staff.
6. Participate in facility and department meetings as appropriate.
7. Work with the interdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of all customers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer service focus.
8. Demonstrates strong time-management skills to efficiently and effectively manage administrative and patient care delivery responsibilities.
9. Provide therapy duties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
10. Document services and billing completed accurately, in a timely manner, according to company and regulatory requirements.
11. Ensure that the patient’s plan of care is communicated to patient and to family, if appropriate.
12. Complete appropriate screening of customers in order to determine whether the individual warrants an evaluation.
13. Evaluate, develop and carry out physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physician and in compliance with physician order. Monitor plans and modify when necessary.
14. Orient and train new staff as requested.
15. Maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.
QualificationsEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a bachelors’ degree in physical therapy is required. Degree and training must meet current Medicare and state personnel requirements for Physical Therapy.
• Current CPR Certification
• Need to utilize good reasoning and judgment skills to develop and adjust plans of care base upon status changes of the customer.
• Must be able to accurately complete documentation, billing, timesheets and tally evaluative tests.
• Experience in therapeutic care of the older adult across multiple diagnostic groups is preferred.
Supervision of physical therapy assistants required in accordance with company, state and federal requirements. Intermittent supervision of rehabilitation technicians and physical therapy students may be required.
Must be able to document (both hand-written and via typed electronic documentation) clearly to meet reimbursement and regulatory requirements. Reasonable typing and computer skills required. Must be able to speak clearly, be understood by customers and hear conversational speech.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Possess a valid current state license (for state in which the community provides service) in physical therapy, where applicable.
• Must meet CEU requirements to maintain valid state licensure in the state in which the community provides service.
• Current CPR Certification