Job DescriptionApply Now
Procurement AssociateJob ID 6280673 Date posted 11/17/2017
The Procurement Associate for Erickson Living plays a key role in optimizing the company’s multiple procurement programs, vendor relationships, and ensuring compliance with purchasing policies and procedures in a corporate or community setting. As a leading provider of senior housing, wellness and healthcare services, Erickson Living is experiencing unprecedented demand that requires an exceptional pipeline of talented procurement professionals to ensure we successfully deliver on these critical organizational initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the DSSI/e-commerce system and provides instruction for users, assisting staff with suggestions in finding products in DSSI.
- Creates purchase orders spreadsheets as requested.
- Oversees e-commerce integrations.
- Prepares reports as needed and supports Wireless Watchdogs concerning EL cell phone requests, including cell phones are received, set up, and returned properly.
- Monitors the Wireless Watchdog reports to ensure credits are received in a timely manner from Verizon Wireless for the return of cell phones; updates Wireless Watchdogs and PeopleSoft accordingly. Contacts the Finance Directors to see if they still want to pay for a cell phone that was ordered for their Community but has not been utilized for the last 3 or 6 months.
- Audits purchases for compliance.
- Educates staff about P-card and Gift card programs. Conduct webinars as needed.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop, update and maintain the travel and purchase card procedures.
- Provide customer support for Travel, P-Cards, and DSSI requests.
- Provide training and communication to customers concerning our Travel program.
- Communicates with communities regarding new vendors, changes in vendor delivery schedules, changes in manufacturers and other concerns.
- Handles tickets and calls from the Purchasing Help desk and responds to questions/concerns within a timely manner.
- Updates Corporate Procurement Services Managers on key purchasing and vendor issues.
- Tracks all rebates, ensuring they are received as scheduled.
- Provides reports and analyses that support purchasing metrics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to create useful reports as needed.
- Thorough working knowledge of Purchasing Services to include food, general, and medical supplies, equipment and startups for new buildings.
- Properly prioritize daily activities
- Ability to work comfortably in a deadline oriented environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred or a minimum of 4 years of previous experience working in a Purchasing healthcare environment.
- Experience in managing a purchase card program preferred.
- DSSI and AX experience preferred.
- Experience in managing a travel program such as Concur preferred.