Job DescriptionApply Now
EMT, Security Emergency Services Assistant Supervisor (7AM-3PM)Job ID 5780511 Date posted 09/21/2017
At Highland Springs, an Erickson Living community, we create communities where residents want to live and employees want to work. We are currently looking for a EMT, Security Emergency Services Assistant Supervisors. The opportunity is a full-time position from 7AM to 3PM during the weekdays and weekends. The position provides supervision and oversight of assigned shift. The position provides leadership and a positive example to the team, ensuring that all employees of the Department are held accountable for living the Erickson Way Values. This position also performs regular patrols of the property, staffing of the gatehouse, and responds to emergency and routine calls for service. The Security and Emergency Services Assistant Supervisor, delivers exceptional customer service and hospitality, and fosters an environment of safety and security.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position in addition to other duties may be assigned are:
- Enforcement of programs and policies.
- Responsible for completing thorough and complete investigations
- Enforcement of parking and traffic regulations.
- Utilizes the Emergency Call System for Independent Living.
- Utilizes the Emergency Notification Alert System
- Enforcement of the Electric Mobility Vehicle program.
- Reviews and approves Officer incidents reports
- Participates in the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement to ensure consistent delivery of services.
- Provides exceptional customer service and hospitality.
- Provides administrative support to the SES Supervisor (as needed)
- Ensures completion of daily shift reports.
- Ensures completion of Incident Reports (regarding medical response, theft or property, accidents, fires, serious mechanical malfunctions, emergency responses, violations of rules and regulations.
- Reports suspected or alleged resident abuse.
- Responds to calls for services as needed
- Daily rounds of the building and grounds. Continuous patrols of property and facilities.
- Screening of visitors, vendors, etc. as necessary.
- Additionally, perform any duty requested by Management to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates the Erickson Way Values
- Shows compassion and concern for the needs of others
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a fast paced challenging environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service and hospitality
- Ability to successfully enforce programs and policies
- Able to hold others accountable for meeting goals and standards
- Proficiency with computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years’ outside experience in a SES Supervisory role or 1 year of demonstrated leadership and performance in an Erickson SES Officer role
- 2 years’ outside experience working in an Emergency Responder role or 1 year of demonstrated exceptional performance in an Erickson SES Emergency Responder role
- Assists in training, coaching, counseling of employees
- Provides daily leadership, supervision, motivation, and communication to direct & indirect reports.
- Monitors team throughout the day and reinforces safety practices
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Requires current and valid state’s driver license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a Company vehicle.
- Requires current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to meet and maintain the community and state specific standardfor emergency medical response certification.
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking, standing, running, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching, stooping, carrying and ability to lift up to 50lbs., over 50lbs. must use the aid of an assistive device or get assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Includes all areas of the Community, both indoors and outdoors such as; gatehouse, security vehicles, outside walking areas, parking lots, corridors, apartments, offices, commercial kitchens, mechanical rooms, storage rooms, and stairwells. *This list is representative and does not include every possible area within the Community.
- May reasonably anticipate coming into contact with bodily fluids which may be potentially infectious. Individuals in this position are required to exercise standard precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices when necessary, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Our employees experience an exceptional work environment as a member of a passionate and caring team.