Job DescriptionApply Now
Facilities CoordinatorJob ID 6079039 Date posted 10/25/2017
At Highland Springs we provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in people’s lives every day. Highland Springs offers a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and workplace that inspires you to do your best every day.
SUMMARY: The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of activities of the General Services Department in their assigned neighborhoods. Serves as a liaison between General Services and resident/staff. Oversees the work of outside contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate/visit with each new resident in assigned neighborhoods to explain/clarify the operation of each department within General Services.
- Investigate complaints, suggestions and occurrences, initiate through the appropriate manager the proper response, follow-up progress until conclusion.
- Audit all aspects of assigned area and coordinate needed repairs with the appropriate department..
- Selects outside contractors for projects and supervises their work.
- Audit all facilities for proper maintenance, repair and cleanliness.
- Conduct random surveys on services recently performed for residents and other departments.
- Monitor the status of work orders to insure their completion in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain accessibility to all residents in assigned neighborhoods through high visibility and good communication.
- Provide an updated report of ongoing projects to the Facilities Manager weekly.
- Attend all meetings necessary to maintain a high level of awareness of all activities that are occurring in the assigned neighborhoods.
- Coordinator re-occupancies of units in assigned neighborhoods.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Perform additional duties requested by the Facilities Manager to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to function independently. A working knowledge of building systems. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to assess resident or other complaints, and resolve disputes in a friendly professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three or more years experience in an office environment, or within a department with responsibility for facilities management. Customer Service experience preferred.
Supervises the maintenance apprentice, maintenance mechanics, kitchen mechanics and painters and engineering staff.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid drivers’ license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Ability to drive community maintenance vehicle. Walking, standing, pushing, stooping, bending, stretching. Must climb and descend ladders and stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.