Job DescriptionApply Now
Hostess/HostJob ID 6009197 Date posted 10/17/2017
SUMMARY: The Host/Hostess manages the dining front entrance, responsible for greeting and welcoming the guests on arrival into the restaurant. The hostess will work directly with the seaters to ensure the flow of the restaurant is maintained so that the servers and the back of the house are working efficiently and effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Manages the dining front entrance with the efficient and timely seating of the guests.
- Monitors table rotation.
- Controls the flow of the dining room.
- Effectively manages the waitlist.
- Effectively handles guest complaints in a positive and professional manner
- Answers telephones professionally and follows up with requests.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Effectively communicates with the seater and bussers.
- Flexible with job duties.
- As assigned works all shifts and holidays.
- Able to work in a high pace environment.
- Organizes tasks and completes all assigned tasks. Ability to perform tasks concurrently.
- Maintains front of house and kitchen sanitation requirements.
- Understands and complies with all company safety policies.
- Reports to work on time and in complete uniform.
- Communicates appropriately with supervisors and dining room staff. Listens and follows up effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to serve meals, understands guest’s special requests, and follows through with the service process in a friendly manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required, unless an active student. Experience in a kitchen/service environment preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist in the training of Waitstaff.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms;
- Routinely lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Talk, hear, smell, taste
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
- Speaking, thinking, writing, use of computer, learning new skills and informationWORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers.