Job DescriptionApply Now
Rehabilitation ManagerJob ID 6193597 Date posted 11/06/2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for the creative and effective administration of Therapy (Physical, Occupational and Speech) services for the entire continuum of care in accordance with current Federal, State and Company standards, guidelines and regulations with a customer-service focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates respect for, adherence to and promotion of the mission and philosophy of Erickson Living.
- Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understanding and compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billing reimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and other requirements as defined in the respective regulations.
- Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacy and maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right to make personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with the resident’s interdisciplinary care plan
- Consistently and appropriately responds to the needs and concerns of residents, families, and visitors in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hazards and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff to maintain a safe environment for residents, families and staff.
- Facilitates/participate in facility and department meetings as appropriate.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of all customers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer service focus.
- Provide therapy duties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
- Orient and train new staff as requested.
- Manage department’s performance by taking appropriate action to ensure the department’s overall compliance with the attainment of goals/objectives, as related to clinical, fiscal, operational and customer service targets.
- Maintain all departmental reports, statistics and record systems compliant with policy and privacy standards.
- Responsible for monthly analyses and reporting on assigned business lines ‘ performance related to defined community/corporate metrics; which include statistics, staffing, budget variances and other items related to success of the businesses managed.
- Create and execute effective staffing and scheduling patterns to achieve this efficient, cost-effective care, maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and outreach program to facilitate growth of rehabilitation services.
- Participate in department/community efforts to provide interdisciplinary meetings/programs that focus on the wellness of residents and the prevention of negative incidents throughout the care continuum.
- Motivate staff while ensuring effective communication and teamwork within the department, as well as with peers and other constituents, including other departments, Erickson Living Health Services and other Communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in physical, occupational or speech therapy.
- Experience in working with the older adult population related to the therapies is required.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsible for management and oversight of physical, occupational, speech therapies and Wellness/Fitness programs across the continuum of care.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- State licensure in physical, occupational or speech-language pathology in the state in which the department is located is essential.
- For Speech-Language Pathologists, a certificate of clinical competence is required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.A therapist must be able to lift 50 lbs. from the floor to waist and be able to transport a resident in a wheelchair and walk for long distances or periods or time while pushing weights up to 250 pounds. Therapists must also be able to kneel, bend from waist to floor, stoop, twist torso laterally in all directions, and grasp small and large objects.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.