Job DescriptionApply Now
CNA - Part TimeJob ID 5947684 Date posted 10/11/2017
The Household Associate is an active, skilled member of the household who is committed to providing residents with assistance and care in all aspects of their daily life and overall functioning of the household.
The Household Associate provides care to the residents of the household to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level to include:
·Provides physical assistance with activities of daily living
·Provides psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
·Plans and facilitates social activities for residents of the household
·Assists with the preparation, serving and post meal clean up of all meals and snacks to ensure adequate nutritional intake of all residents
·Assures the resident’s room and household are kept clean
· medication administration
- Successfully performs all essential duties of a CC Level I Nursing Assistant, including performing Restorative Nursing functions, if applicable, based on resident needs.
- Administers medications per State specific regulations, where applicable.
- Provides household residents with appropriate care, assistance and guidance based on resident preferences, utilizing “I” care plans and proactively greeting residents (and visitors) by name and with a smile; offers and/or asks if assistance or service is needed.
- Collaborates with household to resolve problems responsibly and facilitate decision-making at the level closest to the resident.
- Shares personal skills, talents and ideas to benefit the household; deals with workplace issues quickly and professionally; asking for mediation when needed; encourages team to do the same.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to provide emergency first aid when needed.
- Participates in learning circles and is able to successfully facilitate and participate in group meetings and demonstrates good decision making, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Understands the principles of aging; observes residents closely, identifies changing needs and conditions at first indication, reports changes immediately to nursing or household coordinator.
- Works with other household members (residents and/or staff) to maintain functioning of the household (i.e., laundry, cooking, meal planning/preparation/serving/cleanup, household cleaning, etc.), according to resident preferences, doing what needs to be done regardless of whose responsibility it is.
- Works with residents and residents' families to understand resident needs and desires, and communicates them to household team members.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation through computer applications and written documentation.
- Learns and honors resident preferences; works cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the household to ensure all residents needs are met, displaying a courteous, positive attitude and professional demeanor even during difficult situations.
- Provides assistance with and opportunities for resident activities.Continually seeks opportunities to meet resident’s psychosocial needs through both care planned and spontaneous actions. Seeks opportunities throughout the day to facilitate spontaneous activities of the resident's choice.
- Maintains equipment, games and supplies for use in supporting resident and household activity choices.
- Maintains clean spaces in the household, including resident rooms and household common spaces.
- Builds relationships with other staff and residents to promote the resident's psychosocial well being. Continually seeks opportunities to support the social needs of all members of the household through support, friendship and kindness.
- Assists residents as needed to wash, mend, iron and fold residents' personal laundry and provide assistance to ensure residents' personal laundry is maintained and in quality condition.
- Supports and encourages residents to participate in self care and assist or provide as necessary.
- Provides opportunities for all residents to participate in the daily life and decision-making of the household in meaningful ways.
- Respects the resident room as home and assist the resident in feeling in charge of everything that happens within.
- Smiles; is positive and has fun at work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current CPR certification preferred but not required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required.Current Certified Nursing Assistant as required by each state Board of Nursing. Medication Administration required. One year’s CNA experience preferred but not required.
: LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: Current certification from the State Board of Nursing; active status on the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry (state-specific). Current certification in medication administration per State-specific regulations
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current certification from the State Board of Nursing; active status on the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry (state-specific).
Current certification in medication administration per State-specific regulations