Job DescriptionApply Now
Appliance MechanicJob ID 5965064 Date posted 10/12/2017
The Appliance Mechanic will be responsible for the corrective and preventive maintenance of all appliances contained in residential apartments, laundry rooms (to include Health Care), ice machines and all refrigeration equipment, both residential and commercial. This position will also provide support, whenever necessary, to complete outstanding tasks in a timely manner. The Appliance Mechanic will also serve as back up to the Appliance Mechanic-Kitchen and will assist in/perform repairs as necessary during periods of high workloads, sickness or vacations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs necessary maintenance of all appliances contained in residential apartments and laundry rooms.
- Performs necessary maintenance of Health Care laundry equipment.
- Performs necessary maintenance of all ice machines and refrigeration equipment, both residential and commercial.
- Completes frequent inspections of resident laundry rooms along with the equipment contained within to ensure their continuous/proper operation.
- Performs all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failures.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Serves as technical resource to all staff as necessary. Will assist in training others on t he proper techniques/principles of appliance maintenance and repair.
- Will serve as back up to the Appliance Mechanic-Kitchens. Will assist in/perform repairs as necessary during period of high workloads, absence or vacations.
- Will serve as team leader when more than one mechanic is required for a specific appliance related job.
- Responsible for maintaining prescribed levels of materials/supplies necessary for the timely and efficient repair of assigned equipment.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
- Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance/Maintenance & Engineering Manager in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation within the community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Should posses a good working knowledge of most aspects of commercial and residential appliance maintenance to include, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing and electrical circuitry.
Should posses a working knowledge of refrigeration maintenance. Must have the ability to adjust to new industry techniques and become familiar with new equipment as required. Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff.. Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability to effectively work with residents and staff.
Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff. Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability of effectively work with residents and staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School or GED. Should possess 3-5 years experience in commercial/residential appliance maintenance.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 35 pounds, over 35 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move
light furniture. Standing on one’s feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking.
Ability to push and pull, climb and descend ladder to 6/8 feet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be exposed to occasional unsanitary conditions, unpleasant odors, and hazardous (concentrated