Job DescriptionApply Now
LPN - All shiftsJob ID 5019705 Date posted 06/30/2017
Lantern Hill is now open! Lantern Hill is a brand new, Erickson Living continuing care retirement community in New Providence, NJ. We opened our Independent Living apartments in June and are now looking for healthcare staff to support our newly opened Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care neighborhoods.
We are currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses for our Continuing Care Team for all shifts. The LPN provides clinical leadership to their neighborhood including dispensing medications, observing residents’ condition and communicating with the Physician/NP and family as needed. The LPN participates in planning, organizing, directing and facilitating the clinical operations of the household to nurture a person-centered and resident directed culture, as well as ensure regulatory compliance.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participating in the Dining Experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, and feeding based on residents’ abilities
- Actively participating in household duties, i.e., light housekeeping, resident daily care, programming, resident personal laundry
- Using skilled interventions as ordered to provide symptom management and relief
- Recognizing residents’ pain or discomfort and providing pharmacological and non- pharmacological interventions to alleviate symptoms
- Documenting in a timely, comprehensive and accurate manner
- Actively participating in High Risk Rounds
- Attending Care / Service Plan Conference with team to develop strength-based interventions utilizing data obtained from standardized assessments (i.e., MDS, RAP process)
- Fostering collaborative teamwork by involving team members and being involved in decision making, problem solving, and activity planning
- Empowering Household Associate’s to share ideas, listens attentively and incorporates information into residents’ plan of care / service plan
- College/university or licensed nursing program as required by state Board of Nursing. Related long term care/assisted living experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification
- Computer skills
- Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)