Job DescriptionApply Now
Prep CookJob ID 5873274 Date posted 10/03/2017
At Lantern Hill, we're growing and we're looking for PREP COOKS who would like to be part of a culture that inspires and energizes!
WHAT IS LANTERN HILL?
• We have three beautiful, new restaurants in New Providence, NJ from a busy a casual pub to an upscale white-tablecloth restaurant.
• We provide restaurant style dining, from scratch cooking, intimate dining venues, increased daily menu options, in the moment cooking, and chef inspired culinary creations.
WHAT YOUR DAILY EXPERIENCE WILL LOOK LIKE:
Our Prep Cooks are responsible for the daily preparation for items listed on the work station prep sheet, to include hot and cold items . Follow proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste. May include regular breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
WHAT WOULD I GET?
There are many career opportunities for qualified team members who want to grow with us. On the culinary side, we have prep cooks, line cooks, lead cook, sous chef, and executive chefs. With the front of the house, we have wait staff, bartenders, assistant managers, and general manager positions.
• As part of our restaurants, you typically end work around 9:30-10:30pm
• We offer excellent healthcare benefits!
• Up to $240/year for gym memberships, athletic shoes, weight loss programs, and more!
• A generous paid time off program!
• Up to $4,500 in Educational tuition reimbursement!
QualificationsWHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE?
• Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, quick service dining environment.
• Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling, and maintaining a clean and sanitary work station.
• Employee may be required to work some weekends and holidays.
• Minimum of one year cooking experience in high-volume a la carte restaurant. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• See pictures at https://www.facebook.com/LanternHillCommunity/
• Apply at https://jobs.ericksonliving.com
• Call Caroline Teel at 908-516-9145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration