Job DescriptionApply Now
Security and Emergency Services ManagerJob ID 6414745 Date posted 12/07/2017
SUMMARY: The Security Emergency Services and Transportation Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the Erickson Living Management Security and Emergency Services and Transportation Program to include; establishing the Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness and Prevention/Outreach Programs and Transportation Programs. Manages, implements, and oversees the Security and Emergency Services and Transportation Department in the areas of program/procedural compliance, quality assurance/quality improvement, investigations, training, and administrative support. The Security and Emergency Services and Transportation Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to the SES and Transportation Program. This position provides leadership and a positive example to the team, ensuring that all employees of the Department are held accountable for living the Erickson Way Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implementation of programs and policies.
- Monitors and reviews the Security of the Community through the use of patrols, access control, visitor/contractor registration, key management and other programs.
- Responsible for completing thorough and complete investigations
- Utilizes surveillance in compliance with Erickson Living policy.
- Oversees safety programs to include; Security Department safety inspections, responses to workplace accidents, hazard communication program, respiratory mask fit testing programs, and others as needed.
- Oversees enforcement of parking and traffic regulations.
- Oversees the Emergency Call System for Independent Living.
- Oversees the Emergency Notification Alert System
- Oversees the Electric Mobility Vehicle program.
- Partners with Dir. of Resident Services to update and maintains the Emergency Preparedness Plans.
- Supports prevention and outreach programs to include seminars, articles, flyers, etc.
- Oversees the proper documentation of incidents through the use of the Incident Reporting System.
- Oversees the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement to ensure consistent delivery of services.
- Works with the Dir. of Resident Services to establish and maintain an operating budget.
- Provides exceptional customer service and hospitality.
- Provides support to the Director of Resident Services
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State Department of Transportation Laws & Regulations
- Ensure all new drivers are trained in operational and safe driving procedures.
- Develop and maintain current pricing policies for routine and customized trips.
- Establish driver schedules for “Off Hours” operation.
- Schedule customized trips upon request
- Arrange for vehicle rotation to allow for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Responsible for obtaining pricing and the purchase of new vehicles
- Oversee the Transportation Department’s dispatching operation
- Evaluate road conditions during inclement weather and decide when to modify/cancel operations or routes.
- Responsible for the necessary billing of trips
- Approve and coordinate all individual customized trips that will cause departmental vehicle to travel out of state.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates the Erickson Way Values
- Shows compassion and concern for the needs of others
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a fast paced challenging environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service and hospitality
- Ability to successfully implement programs and policies
- Able to hold others accountable for meeting goals and standards
- Ability to communicate vision, and motivate teams to support a common purpose.
- Can successfully navigate through organizational channels, & maneuver through complex sensitive situations.
- Possess a general knowledge of routing and dispatching
- Proficiency with computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice/Emergency Management or related field (preferred).
- 5+ years’ outside experience in a SES Management role or 1 year of demonstrated exceptional leadership and performance in an Erickson SES Supervisor/Assistant Manager role required.
- 2 years’ outside experience working in an Emergency Responder role or 1 year of demonstrated exceptional performance in an Erickson SES Emergency Responder role required.
- Assists in hiring, training, coaching, counseling and termination of employees
- Establishes schedules, reviews and approves timesheets, completes performance evaluations
- Provides daily leadership, supervision, motivation, and communication to direct & indirect reports.
- Monitors team throughout the day and reinforces safety practices
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Professional Security Certification such as CPP, PSP, or CHPA (preferred)
- Requires current and valid state’s driver license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a Company vehicle.3. Requires current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification or equivalent (within 90 days of hire)
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment*: