Job DescriptionApply Now
Director of Dining ServicesJob ID 6416858 Date posted 12/07/2017
Fox Run is currently seeking a Director of Dining Servicesin its multi-restaurant, 108 acre campus that provides a luxurious fine diningexperience for our residents and guests. For professionals dedicated to helpingseniors live life to the fullest, Fox Run provides a rewarding alternative tothe typical retirement community career. Our team members help each residentachieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almosteverything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is anabundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities,excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-seasonpool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Fox Run continually offers careeropportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and CommunitySupport.
Our company is positioned to grow the number of communitiesthat it manages and owns in the next 5 years. This growth requires a stronghuman talent pipeline in critical dining services roles throughout our company.
In our newly launched Signature Dining Model, all of our menu items are nowcooked from scratch, focusing on more of a restaurant style and cook-to-orderconcept. Check out our newly launched Signature Dining in this video:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures department goals, objectives,policies/procedures are in place, followed and evaluated to include: mealplanning, purchasing, receiving, distribution, inventory, food production,quality control, sanitation, HACCP, nutrition, and staff development
- Provides residents, guests, other departments,vendors and staff with quality meals and pleasant, responsive service
- Evaluates Resident Satisfaction results anddevelops action plan to address opportunities
- Develops team members through appropriatetraining, coaching, and mentoring to ensure strong operational performance
- Ensure accurate accounting standards are upheld.Actively ensures effective cost controls management is in place
- Maintains a monthly operating report to analyzeperformance to budget and ensures financial goals are met
- Responsible for ongoing evaluation of programs,operations, training, purchasing, personnel performance and cost accounting inorder to maintain excellence
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to coordinate well with multiple people and/ordepartments at the same time.
- Excellent communication and training skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Culinary,Restaurant/Institution Management, Dietetics or Nutrition required. A minimumof 15 years’ experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degreepreferred
- A minimum of seven years restaurant or food servicemanagement experience including production, service, sanitation, training andeducation is required.
- Applicable experience acceptable.
Directly supervises the Dining Services Management team.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Serve Safe Certified obtained within 6 months of employment. Additionalcertifications required by federal, state and/or local regulations.