Job DescriptionApply Now
Human Resource CoordinatorJob ID 5240079 Date posted 07/29/2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting the HR Managers and Director in all aspects of the department (recruitment, training, employee relations), as well as overseeing and/or facilitating various special projects independently. Serves as the principal liaison between the community and the corporate office for HR related issues (benefits, PeopleSoft, payroll). Plays a key role in workforce administration and often serves as the primary contact for newly hired employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and monitors benefits plans to health, EAP, tuition reimbursement and retirement programs. Develops and/or implements community-specific employee communication to enhance the understanding and appreciation of benefits programs, serving as a liaison between the corporate benefits division and the community.
- Participates in recruitment activities (i.e., career fairs, college fairs, open houses, etc.).
- Coordinates and develops employee event planning and employee development programs.
- Serves as the principal contact for newly hired employees, including processing new hire paperwork, coordinating required medical testing, inputting background checks to appropriate agencies, and ensuring compliance to government and organization recordkeeping requirements.
- Provides consultative end user transaction processing guidance in systems such as PeopleSoft and Kronos.
- Assists in responding to employee relations issues in partnership with appropriate line manager/supervisor.
- Coordinates and/or facilitates staff development programs, including new employee orientation.
- Generates management information reports from PeopleSoft weekly, monthly and per request.
- Maintains electronic employee files.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- May organize campus Benefits Fair as an introduction for Open Enrollment.
- Assists with all-staff monthly meetings.
- May perform time card audit reporting and follow-up.
- May order office supplies.
- May coordinate drug screening as needed.
- May enter employment-related transaction data into the PeopleSoft system from source documents during the new hire/recruitment process and serve as primary liaison between PeopleSoft division and the community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Office and Excel.
- Customer focus.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of HR related experience or equivalent education required.
- Experience with an HRIS program preferred.
- Experience with MS Office.
- PHR certification desirable.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:N/APHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office setting with a generally moderate noise level.ROUTINE DECISION-MAKING:
- Ordering of office supplies.
- Determining eligibility of employees for certain benefits.
- Coordinating upcoming committee events.
- Determining appropriate steps to assist employees.
- Determining where to classify expenses.
- Interpreting background screen results.