Job DescriptionApply Now
RN Weekend Supervisor (12 hrs both Saturday/Sunday 7a-7p)Job ID 4500704 Date posted 04/22/2017
SUMMARY:To oversee the work of nursing staff and provide care to hospice patients when they reside in an acute level of care bed in Continuing Care. To ensure that appropriate clinical documentation is maintained on all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibits confidence in self and others
2. Inspires respect and trust
3. Reacts appropriately under pressure
4. Demonstrated willingness to take action
5. Viewed as a resource by staff
6. Facilitates Daily Stand-Up Rounds and ensures 100% attendance
7. Assumes all management responsibilities during assigned shifts
8. Exhibits critical thinking in the decision making process
9. Demonstrated ability to provide rationale for decisions
10. Includes appropriate individual(s) in decision making process
11. Maintains resident confidentiality and abides by residents’ rights
12. Makes timely decisions
13. Meets deadlines for assigned responsibilities
14. Makes rounds of CC q 2-3 hours to inspect care environment, interview residents, and monitor regulatory compliance
15. Demonstrates ability to prioritize and organize multiple responsibilities
16. Effectively implements change
17. Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all issues, problems, and concerns
18. Maintains effective communication with staff through education, rounds, and feedback on job performance
19. Documentation of events is accurate and comprehensive and recorded on appropriate form
20. Provides a thorough report to next Supervisor that reflects residents’ condition, environmental issues and staffing concerns
21. Facilitates effective communication among shift by reviewing 24-hour report sheet and ensuring that nursing documentation accurately reflects events and appropriate individual(s) notified
22. Adjusts staffing based on census and available resources
23. Demonstrates the ability to identify a problem and offer solutions in a timely manner
24. Encourages and facilitates problem solving skills in staff
25. Collection and analysis of QA data as assigned
26. Ensures accuracy of call-out log, float book, and daily staffing sheets by end of designated shift
27. Initiates Performance Counseling as needed and provides thorough documentation of the event on appropriate form
28. Provides regular performance feedback
29. Coordinated delivery of services within Continuing Care, which involves hand-on care to residents, i.e., nursing, dietary, therapies, activities, housekeeping, etc.
30. Audits nurses’ progress note and resident care / service plans to ensure they reflect care provided as well as residents’ response to care
31. Completes performance appraisals as assigned within the designated timeframe
32. Actively participates in the scheduling process by attempting to fill future vacancies
33. Monitors nursing care for compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations
34. Monitors nursing care for compliance with Erickson policies and procedures
35. Supports and respects diversity
36. Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development
37. Works with staff to ensure compliance with mandatory in-services
38. Investigates complaints/grievances in a timely manner and thoroughly documents concerns and findings on appropriate form
39. Displays courtesy and respect
40. Manages difficult or emotional circumstances
41. Facilitates effective customer service skills among staff
42. Manages family relationships successfully
43. Works with other supervisors to complete the Supervisors monthly schedule
44. Contributes to building a positive team spirit
45. Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views
46. Utilizes creative thinking and good judgment with reallocating staff to accommodate call-outs and vacancies
47. Meets challenges with resourcefulness
48. Displays original thinking and creativity
49. Generates suggestions for improving processes
50. Provides direct resident care as needed
51. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
52. Performs other related as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
At least 2 years experience. Graduate of Nursing Degree program of college or university required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current licensure with State Board of Examiner of Nurses as a Registered Nurse. CPR certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
OSHA OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE CATEGORY:
After careful analysis, it has been determined that this position falls into OSHA Occupational Exposure Category III and requires the following protective equipment be work by anyone filling this position.
GLOVES, GOWNS, MASKS, AND/OR GOGGLES
Training will be provided in how to properly and effectively use any necessary equipment, in addition to education regarding precautionary measures, epidemiology, modes of transmission and prevention of HIV/HBV.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: