Job DescriptionApply Now
Community Resources CoordinatorJob ID 6279183 Date posted 11/17/2017
- Serving as our residents’ primary contact for the creation of new activities/events and organizations (groups)
- Partnering with residents in planning, promoting and coordinating events, activities, interest groups and educational programs/entertainment
- Facilitating and maintaining communication regarding activities/events among residents as well as various staff.
- Creating flyers for events, writes articles for community bulletins and provides clerical support, as necessary.
- High energy and creativity.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle diverse jobs under continually changing conditions and frequent interruptions.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Publisher, PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Video editing and directing skills may be required.
- Good public speaking ability.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Assessing population and scheduling appropriate programs/events. Other routine decisions as they pertain to the position’s essential functions.
FORMAL POLICY-SETTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
May provide input into policies associated with the positions purpose and essential responsibilities.
- Typical office environment with a generally moderate noise level.
- Required to work nights and weekends occasionally.
- Some travel required, which may include exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk/hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision and depth perception.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s or associate degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ service-related experience (i.e. volunteer and/or public service experience).
- Experience with the senior population preferred.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.: