Job DescriptionApply Now
Driver PRN (CDL)Job ID 6354221 Date posted 11/29/2017
Are you happiest when making a real difference in the lives of others? Would you love to join a great team AND have fantastic benefits? Well, you have found it! We are a healthcare facility in the heart of Overland Park hiring a PRN Driver to join our industry-leading team at Tallgrass Creek Retirement Community.
Responsible for ensuring the safe travel of the residents, visitors, and employees of the facility. Requires licensing and certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transporting residents, staff and visitors on scheduled, and unscheduled appointments.
- Operates vehicles equipped with wheelchair ramps, and lifts.
- Operates passenger buses and sedans.
- Helps to maintain cleanliness of vehicles.
- Prepares vehicles for usage, including performing pre & post trip vehicle inspections, refueling, and other related tasks.
- Logs and tracks vehicle usage.
- Assisting passengers with boarding and off-boarding from the vehicle.
- Assisting residents, staff, and visitors with their packages, bags, and mobility aid devices.
- Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or accidents involving Company vehicles.
- Maintain community and departmental philosophy and mission statement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the older population.
- Detail-oriented and dependable.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Ability to operate Community vehicles safely; to include passenger buses and sedans, demonstrated by successful completion of a road test.
- Ability to operate vehicles equipped with wheelchair ramps and lifts, including securement systems.
- Able to read maps, follow turn by turn directions, and navigate safely in traffic.
- Acceptable history of safe driving as noted through a 3 year driving record check.
- Minimum of three 3 years of verifiable driving experience as noted through driving record check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required. Transportation services preferred. .
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and write English.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Driver must be a minimum of 21 years of age to drive.
- A current and valid Commercial Driver’s License Class C (or higher) with Passenger endorsement is required. This license must be maintained as a condition of employment.
- A current and valid D.O.T. Physical/Medical Examiner’s Certificate. This certificate must be maintained as a condition of employment.