Job DescriptionApply Now
RN Charge Nurse Full TimeJob ID 6254481 Date posted 11/14/2017
Looking for a fun place to work with great benefits, competitive pay and a positive working environment? Then join our team at Tallgrass Creek - Overland Park's premier Retirement Community
We are currently looking for a RN, but will consider IV certified LPN with experience, to lead our Assisted Living and Memory Care teams that consist of Certified medication Aids. This position will report to the Wellness Nurse Manager, that supervises Assisted Living and Memory Care.
As a Charge Nurse RN at Tallgrass Creek, your hard work and meaningful efforts will help us to continue providing the highest quality healthcare possible. You will have direct impact on the quality of care that our patients receive and will do what it takes to provide the highest quality care. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you'll know you've made a difference in the lives of our residents.
We are seeking qualified candidates who are ready to go to any length to get our patients and facilities the support they need. That's because you believe in our mission here at Tallgrass Creek.
Essential Job Functions
- Will supervise other Nurses, including other RNs, every other weekend for Assisted Living, Memory Care, and our Skilled/Long Term Care Unit. Perfect for the nurse who is looking to learn, grow, and develop management skills. Our nurses management team is on call to assist you through this development. House supervisory pay included for this function.
- Monitor the health and well-being of residents by coordinating support services, monitoring and updating Resident Care Plans, and conducting resident wellbeing visits
- Accurately and promptly transcribe orders and procure medications and resident care equipment as needed.
- Supervises the accurate delivery of medications to residents administered by our medication aids.
- Supervise CNA, CMA and other personnel.
- Current and good standing nursing license and CPR required.
AL/MC Day Shift Weekend Supervisor Position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current CPR certification
- Computer skills
- Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College/university or licensed nursing program as required by state Board of Nursing. Related long term care/assisted living experience preferred.: