Job DescriptionApply Now
FT-Care Associates- Memory Care -EVE SHIFT Assisted Living (GNA with a CMT or CMA)Job ID 6272440 Date posted 11/16/2017
Oak Crest is currently looking for a FT-EVE SHIFT Care Associate to join our Memory Care unit.
You MUST have an active GNA AND a CMT OR CMA with the MBON.
Oak Crest continuing care retirement community is designed exclusively for seniors. Oak Crest is situated on a scenic 87-acre campus - just 20 miles from downtown Baltimore in Parkville, Md. Oak Crest offers a vibrant, healthy and active retirement in addition to extensive wellness and prevention programs. Oak Crest is managed by Erickson Living.
The Oak Crest Memory Care program provides specialized, person-centered care in a setting that is safe, comfortable and nurturing.
Our memory care neighborhood is designed for residents whose cognitive impairments affects their thought processes, problem-solving, judgement, memory and comprehension. These residents benefit tremendously from a more structured environment that helps them achieve their highest level of independence and maintain or regain their sense of purpose.
The Care Associate is an active, skilled member of the clinical team who is committed to providing residents with assistance and care in all aspects of their daily life, and to the overall functioning of the neighborhood.
The Care Associate provides care to the residents of the neighborhood to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level to include:
• Provides physical assistance with activities of daily living
• Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
• Plans and facilitates social activities for the neighborhood residents
• Assists with menu/snack selection and partners with the Service Associate in serving to ensure adequate nutritional intake of all residents. Provides in-room dining experiences where requested.
• Assures the resident’s room and neighborhood are kept tidy to minimize environmental hazards which may impact environmental safety
• Administers medication, where applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Current Certified Nursing Assistant and Certified Medication Aide as required by each state Board of Nursing.
• Current CPR certification is preferred.
• One year’s GNA experience preferred but not required.