Job DescriptionApply Now
FT- Geriatric Nursing Assistant (eve shift) FloatJob ID 6274080 Date posted 11/16/2017
Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission-helping out residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
No wonder so many of our employees proudly call Oak Crest their home away from home.
Oak crest is looking for a full-time FLOAT (eve shift) Geriatric Nursing Assistant to join the Assisted Living Nursing Department.
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this job position is to provide your assigned residents with the routine daily assistance they need in their activities of daily living, and as may be directed by your Supervisors. The position requires a rare combination of clinical skills and the psychological needs that the residents need.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Effectively implements person-centered care plan, focusing on residents’ strengths.
2. Personal care is provided in a calm, professional manner, respecting residents’ privacy and dignity.
3. Shares resident preferences with other staff using appropriate communication methods.
4. Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness, keeping non-essential interruptions to a minimum in order to complete resident care priorities.
5. Accurate, complete skin assessments; reports changes to nurse immediately.
6. Complete, accurate, timely ADL assessments and documentation.
7. Notifies nurse immediately of any change in resident’s condition.
8. Adheres to all Nursing Department policies, procedures, and care standards.
9. Reports on assigned residents’ condition at the end of each shift.
10. Escorts residents when assigned.
11. Shares ideas to improve processes on the Neighborhood. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
12. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
13. Regularly visits residents in their rooms to assess needs and offer assistance.
14. Attends and actively participates with Interdisciplinary Team to identify strength based approaches and skills for assigned residents.
15. Participates in the dining experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, feeding, based on residents’ strengths.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is required.
Basic computer skills required.
Must be able to read write and understand the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current certification from the State Board of Nursing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
OSHA OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE CATEGORY:
After careful analysis, it has been determined that this position falls into OSHA Occupational Exposure Category III and requires the following protective equipment be work by anyone filling this position.
GLOVES, GOWNS, MASKS, AND/OR GOGGLES
Training will be provided in how to properly and effectively use any necessary equipment, in addition to education regarding precautionary measures, epidemiology, modes of transmission and prevention of HIV/HBV.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.