Job DescriptionApply Now
GNAs with Medicine Tech. - Part-time (16hrs or less per week)Job ID 1204559 Date posted 12/23/2015
The Household Associate (CMA or GNA with Medicine Tec.) provides care to the residents of the household to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level to include:
- Provides physical assistance with activities of daily living
- Provides psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
- Plans and facilitates social activities for residents of the household
- Assists with the preparation, serving and post meal clean up of all meals and snacks to ensure adequate nutritional intake of all residents
- Assures the resident’s room and household are kept clean
- Where applicable, medication administration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current CPR certification preferred but not required.
- Computer skills preferred but not required.
- Safe Serve Food Preparation certification required (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Current Geriatric Nursing Assistant or Certified Medicine Aide as required by the Maryland Board of Nursing. One year CMA/GNA experience.
Able to make objective observations in resident’s condition and alert the clinical supervisor and security in case of emergency.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current certification from the State Board of Nursing; active status on the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry (Maryland).
Current certification in medication administration per State-specific regulations, where applicable or Certified Medicine Aide license.: