Job DescriptionApply Now
Prep CookJob ID 6313781 Date posted 11/22/2017
The Prep Cook is responsible for items listed on the work station prep sheet, to include hot and cold items. This role is responsible for working with cooks to expand knowledge and preparation efficiency to meet resident food quality and service standards.
- Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Assists in preparing all food products as scheduled in the cycle menu (including therapeutic and mechanically altered recipes as scheduled), to include regular breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
- Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisors and listens effectively.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering and special events.
- Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in food preparation required.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:NoneLANGUAGE SKILLS:Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.