Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior HVAC MechanicJob ID 6307534 Date posted 11/21/2017
Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, MD. 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission: helping our residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
- Performs requested maintenance of all HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, etc. as necessary.
- Responds to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Inspects, monitors and evaluates efficiency and safety of systems to insure trouble free operation.
- Reads blueprints and isometrics, prepare sketches as required to document work.
- Performs all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Complete all issued work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Performs shop repair on equipment as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair designated refrigeration equipment and ice machines.
- Will serve as team leader when more than on mechanic is required for a specific job.
- Will periodically train various staff members on proper procedures related to the completion of equipment repairs.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
- Adhere to operational polices and procedures developed by the Community.
- Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance/Maintenance & Engineering Manager in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation in the Community.