Job DescriptionApply Now
Wait Staff (Part Time)Job ID 6069723 Date posted 10/24/2017
Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement communityin Parkville, MD 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one importantmission: helping our residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in theretirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organizationwith the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to allthat they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
Essential responsibilities are listed below and may include other relevant duties as assigned
- Greets guests promptly as they arrive at their table.
- Records accurate food and beverage orders and input into the POS system.
- Explains how menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods. Makes recommendations.
- Informs guests of daily specials.
- Delivers service tray in correct placement of orders to facilitate service of food and beverages.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Completes bussing, runner, meal plater, utility and catering duties as assigned.
- Handles resident and guest complaints in a positive and professional manner, efficiently resolving service and quality concerns.
- Flexible with job duties, as assigned performs catering function set-up, break down and service.
- Communicates appropriately with supervisors and dining room staff
- Listens and follows up effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to serve meals, understand guests special requests, and follow through with the service process in a friendly manner.
Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience in a kitchen/service environment preferred.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.: