Job DescriptionApply Now
Campus Security OfficerJob ID 4667441 Date posted 05/11/2017
At Brooksby Village located in Peabody, MA we are dedicated to providing our staff with an engaging culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. We offer a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and a workplace that inspires you to do your best every day.
Responsible for carrying out the Security and Emergency Services Programs under the direction of the Supervisor to include; Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and Prevention/Outreach. This position performs regular patrols of the property, staffing of the gatehouse, and responds to emergency and routine calls for service. The Security and Emergency Services Officer II, delivers exceptional customer service and hospitality, and fosters an environment of safety and security.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Daily interior and exterior patrols of the buildings and grounds
- Staffs gatehouse to ensure the screening of visitors, residents and employees.
- Responds to medical emergencies and provides assessment and treatment according to standards of care.
- Responds to reports of missing items, theft, vandalism, and other potential criminal activity
- Documents accidents involving vehicles, employees, residents, visitors, and property.
- Completes thorough and detailed incident reports using our online report system.
- Conducts safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA code compliance.
- Responds and assists in Community Emergencies, including but not limited to; fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats and evacuations. .
- Ability to write detailed, concise, and professional incident reports.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Ability to demonstrate professional interactions with residents and their family members, staff and vendors
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior experience in Security & Emergency Services or related field is preferred
- 1 year experience as an Emergency Medical Responder
- Minimum of 3 years verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe dirving as noted through a 3 year motor vehicle record check
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Requires current and valid state’s driver license.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Current certification as an EMT