Job DescriptionApply Now
Dietary Server- Part time -HealthcareJob ID 6224927 Date posted 11/09/2017
Nestled in the foothills of the Ramapo Mountains, Cedar Crest is a 130-acre senior living campus located in Pompton Plains, NJ. Our team members enjoy the opportunity to work in a vibrant community situated in the rolling hills and scenic valleys of historic Morris County—just 26 miles from New York City.
Responsible for the overall efficiency of the dining room and pantry; assists with preparation, stocking, serving and post meal clean up of meals and snacks to ensure adequate nutritional intake for all residents.Provides individualized resident service as required to meet guest preferences, diets and/or regulatory requirements (as applicable).
Person Centered Care Summary:
Through Person Centered Care, the Continuing Care team is committed to develop firsthand knowledge about the residents’ values, needs, preferences, and life history through individual daily interactions. Members of the Continuing Care team provide hospitable care and services to the residents, treating them as individuals with strengths and gifts and actively listening to their voice in what care and services we provide.
QualificationsESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ensures proper food handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at designated intervals and takes action to correct deficiencies.
2. Maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste. Assists in supplying all required products for all meals and snacks as needed and any special functions. Uses proper food handling techniques at all times and frequent hand washing especially between handling soiled and clean dishes.
3. Prior to meal service or service of snacks checks Resident Diet Sheets and Therapeutic Menu Spread Sheets. Provides service complying with ordered restrictions.
4. Provides friendly and efficient service with appealing plated food to residents and guests.
5. Ensures resident dining requests or concerns are handled in a timely manner. Notifies a responsible Dining Services manager or Supervisor of a situation not in their ability to handle.
6. Provides service following the appropriate method. Clears soiled dishes before serving next course. Completes ‘table at a time’ service system.
7. Ensures the dining service areas are properly set-up and maintained throughout the day; Maintains the dining areas in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition during and between meals; Maintains pantry and dining service area sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule
8. Attends pre-meal briefing and demonstrates knowledge of menu, therapeutic diets, portioning and plating requirements (as appropriate).
9. Processes guest slips, including resident charges and guest charges as assigned.
10. Maintains dining areas and kitchen sanitation requirements. Performs post shift breakdown and cleaning process.
11. Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
12. Uses proper food handling sanitation techniques at all times and frequent hand washing occurs especially between handling soiled and clean dishes.
13. Completes assigned dish and ware washing, using proper procedures.
14. Communicates appropriately with all Dining Services staff, supervisor and listens effectively.
15. Employee will be required to work some weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Six months experience in food service environment preferred. High School diploma or GED required.