Job DescriptionApply Now
Line Cook - HealthcareJob ID 5763137 Date posted 09/19/2017
Essential responsibilities are listed below and may include other relevant duties as assigned:
- Prepares ingredients for assigned menu items as scheduled. Sets up station prior to scheduled meal service.
- Quickly prepares all assigned menu item food products as ordered, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
- Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and prepares and presents foods as ordered.
- Anticipates orders during peak service time to assure timely preparation and service while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal, quality, temperature, and freshness. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule using ‘clean as you go’ approach. Completes assigned equipment and station cleaning schedule.
- Ensures communication with expeditor, fellow culinary team members and service staff for timing of preparation of assigned menu items.
- Assures proper portioning, plating, temperature, garnishing and presentation of food items.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with all food service staff, supervisors. Listens effectively and responds appropriately to feedback.
- Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, quick service dining environment. Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to organize and set-up assigned station in a timely manner prior to meal service, and complete menu item production for assigned meal period.
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling.
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of maintaining a clean and sanitary work station.
- Ability to commit to weekend and holiday schedules.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year cook to order experience required.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Applicable food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.