Job DescriptionApply Now
Physical Therapist - Rehab (per diem)Job ID 6388699 Date posted 12/04/2017
For professionals dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest, Cedar Crest provides a rewarding alternative to the typical retirement community career. Our team members help each resident achieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almost everything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is an abundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities, excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-season pool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Cedar Crest continually offers career opportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and Community Support.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for physical therapy evaluation, screeningsand treatment to meet customer needs. Isa role model of customer service principles and consistently monitors andimplements quality efforts. Ensure thatthe department functions accordingly to accepted regulatory and qualitystandards with a customer service focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may beassigned.
- Demonstrates respect for, adherence to andpromotion of the mission and philosophy of Erickson Living.
- Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations,APTA and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understandingand compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billingreimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and otherrequirements as defined in the respective regulations.
- Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacyand maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right tomake personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with theresident’s interdisciplinary care plan
- Consistently and appropriately responds to theneeds and concerns of residents, families, and visitors in a pleasant,respectful, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hazards andreports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff to maintain a safe environmentfor residents, families and staff.
- Participate infacility and department meetings as appropriate.
- Work with theinterdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of allcustomers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer servicefocus.
- Demonstrates strong time-management skills toefficiently and effectively manage administrative and patient care deliveryresponsibilities.
- Provide therapyduties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
- Document services and billing completed accurately, ina timely manner, according to company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the patient’s plan of care is communicatedto patient and to family, if appropriate.
- Complete appropriate screening of customers in order todetermine whether the individual warrants an evaluation.
- Evaluate, develop and carry out physical therapytreatment plans in consultation with physician and in compliance with physicianorder. Monitor plans and modify whennecessary.
- Orientand train new staff as requested.
- Maintain compliance with company productivity standardsas appropriate.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
- Must be able to document (both hand-written andvia typed electronic documentation) clearly to meet reimbursement andregulatory requirements.
- Reasonable typing and computer skills required.
- Must be able to speak clearly, be understood bycustomers and hear conversational speech.
- Minimum of a bachelors’ degree in physicaltherapy is required. Degree and trainingmust meet current Medicare and state personnel requirements for PhysicalTherapy.
- Current CPR Certification
- Need to utilize good reasoning and judgmentskills to develop and adjust plans of care base upon status changes of thecustomer.
- Must be able to accurately completedocumentation, billing, timesheets and tally evaluative tests.
- Experience in therapeutic care of the older adultacross multiple diagnostic groups is preferred.
Supervisionof physical therapy assistants required in accordance with company, state andfederal requirements. Intermittentsupervision of rehabilitation technicians and physical therapy students may berequired.
Must be able to document (bothhand-written and via typed electronic documentation) clearly to meetreimbursement and regulatory requirements. Reasonable typing and computer skills required. Must be able to speak clearly, be understoodby customers and hear conversational speech.
- Possess a validcurrent state license (for state in which the community provides service) in physicaltherapy, where applicable.
- Must meet CEUrequirements to maintain valid state licensure in the state in which thecommunity provides service.
- Current CPR Certification