Job DescriptionApply Now
Shuttle Driver (CDL and Passenger endorsement) - per diemJob ID 5979842 Date posted 10/13/2017
Cedar Crest is a 130-acre senior living campus located in Pompton Plains, NJ. Our team members enjoy the opportunity to work in a vibrant community situated in the rolling hills and scenic valleys of historic Morris County.
For professionals dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest, Cedar Crest provides a rewarding alternative to the typical retirement community career. Our team members help each resident achieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almost everything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is an abundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities, excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-season pool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Cedar Crest continually offers career opportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and Community Support.
SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring the safe passage of the residents, visitors, and employees of the facility. Requires licensing and certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transporting residents, staff, and visitors on pre-scheduled , and unscheduled , appointments.
- Coordinates usage of all company-owned vehicles.
- Prepares vehicles for usage.
- Logs and tracks vehicle usage.
- Assisting residents, staff, and visitors- and their packages- in and out of vehicles.
- Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or driver error.
- Operates ambulance and responds to medical emergencies, if applicable.
- Maintain community and departmental philosophy and mission statement.
- Perform other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the older population.
- Detail-oriented and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Excellent driving record.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Minimum two years in transportation services required. CDL License required. One (1) to three (3) years customer service experience.