Job DescriptionApply Now
Assistant Director of Dining ServicesJob ID 6338222 Date posted 11/28/2017
We are looking for an Assistant Director of Dining Services who brings their passion for great food, teamwork and culinary experience to join our team of award winning chefs and dining management talent. We are looking for strong hospitality experience and a proven track record of success that will help drive our innovative Signature Menu Dining Programs which include from scratch cooking and chef inspired culinary creations.
We offer a great work environment, excellent quality of life with alternate weekends off, competitive compensation package, career growth and a solid team who delivers an exceptional dining experience to our residents. This individual will work in our Riderwood Village community located in Silver Spring, MD with the expectation that they will eventually be promoted into a Director of Dining role at a community within the Erickson Living family.
This individual will supervise Dining Services Management team; coordinate with Dining Services Managers (Independent Living & Continuing Care), Catering/Events staff for menu implementation and special events. They will work with Catering/Events to plan & present functions; coordinate retail services; provide residents, staff, and the community-at-large with high quality food and service in the IL and/or Continuing Care dining venues. The Assistant Director of Dining Services will support the entire community dining department as directed with the Dining Services Director, Executive Chef, and the Catering/Events Manager to provide the residents, staff and the community at large with high quality food and service.
The Assistant Director of Dining Services Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provides residents and staff with high quality, nutritious meals and responsive service and meets their needs while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Implements systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental business plan and is aware of and addresses any changes in the financial climate that may affect the budget. Controls food, labor, and nonfood costs.
- Achieves customer (resident, guest, and employee) satisfaction goals.
- Purchases services and approved products following company standards.
- Interfaces with the Catering/Events department regarding the planning and production of catered functions and events. Coordinates public room bookings with Catering/Events department.
- Assists the Director of Dining Service with assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the departments goals and objectives.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for department. Makes hiring and employee discipline decisions. Develops, manages, trains, and evaluates employees, managers, and supervisors. Ensures compliance with Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all services and programs (food service and clinical) are in compliance with federal, state and/or local regulations, laws and statues.
- Maintains productive and positive relationships with all members of the IL and Continuing Care interdisciplinary and leadership teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of five years food service management experience required, including production, service and sanitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics or Institutional Management may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
- College Degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred.
- Serve Safe Certified obtained within 6 months of employment. Additional certifications required by federal, state and/or local regulations.
- Ability to manage several departments successfully
- Ability to communicate effectively with a large number of employees
- Knowledge or skills in culinary arts, purchasing, sanitation, business management and health care.
- Must be available to relocate for available positions.