Job DescriptionApply Now
Facilities CoordinatorJob ID 6187996 Date posted 11/06/2017
Riderwood Village has an opportunity for a dynamic, customer service oriented person to become our General Services Facilities Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience, finance ability (invoicing, paying invoices, petty cash, etc.), and project experience.
Riderwood offers a great work environment, a supportive team environment and excellent compensation & benefits. Apply today!
SUMMARY: Responsible for the coordination of activities of the General Services Department for assigned neighborhoods. Serves as a liaison between General Services and resident/staff. Oversees the work of outside contractors.
- Communicates with each new resident in assigned neighborhoods to explain the operation of each department within General Services.
- Investigates complaints, suggestions and occurrences; initiates through the appropriate manager the proper response and monitors progress until conclusion.
- Selects outside contractors for projects and supervises their work.
- Audits all facilities for proper maintenance, repair and cleanliness; coordinates needed repairs with the appropriate department(s).
- Conducts random surveys on services recently performed for residents and other departments.
- Monitors the status of work orders to ensure their completion in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains accessibility to all residents in assigned neighborhoods through high visibility and good communication.
- Provides updated reports of ongoing projects to the Facilities Manager weekly.
- Attends all meetings necessary to maintain a high level of awareness of all activities that are occurring in the assigned neighborhoods.
- Coordinates re-occupancies of units in assigned neighborhoods.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Ability to function independently.
- Working knowledge of building systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess resident or other complaints, and resolve disputes in a friendly and professional manner.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 or more years’ experience in an office environment, or within a department with responsibility for facilities management.
- Customer service experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive community maintenance vehicle.
- Walking, standing, pushing, stooping, bending, stretching.
- Must climb and descend ladders and stairs.