Job DescriptionApply Now
GNA with Medication Aide Certification / Day or Eve Shifts - Part timeJob ID 6057236 Date posted 10/23/2017
Arbor Ridge Healthcare Center at Riderwood is seeking part-time Care Associates to join our new assisted living neighborhood called The Glen at Orchard Point. Arbor Ridge has been named a 5-Star Quality Rated Nursing Home for 8 years in a row and earned three deficiency-free surveys in the last 5 years.
Successful candidates for the Care Associate position must be a Certified Geriatric Nursing Aide and hold a Medicine Aide Certification.
The Care Associate provides care to the residents of the household to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level to include:
• Provides physical assistance with activities of daily living
• Provides psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
• Plans and facilitates social activities for residents of the household
• Assists with meal/snack selection and partners with the Service Associate in serving to ensure adequate nutritional intake of all residents. Provides in room dining experiences where requested.
• Assures the resident’s room and household are kept tidy to minimize environmental hazards which may impact environmental safety.
• Administers medication , where applicable.
Riderwood Village offers a supportive work environment. Apply today!
• Current CPR certification.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
*High School diploma or GED required.
*Current Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant as required by the Maryland state Board of Nursing.
*Current Certified Medicine Aide issued by the Maryland state Board of Nursing
*One year’s GNA experience preferred but not required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current certification from the Maryland State Board of Nursing; active status on the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry (Maryland-specific).
Current certification in medication administration per Maryland-specific regulations,