Job DescriptionApply Now
Housekeeper-ILJob ID 5839445 Date posted 09/28/2017
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
·In residential apartments (IL,and CC) and patient rooms (skilled nursing/post-acute/LTC) as applicable:
·Clean kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedrooms, including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, removing trash.
·Ability to be flexible and honor other apartment cleaning requests of the resident that can be completed in the allotted time.
·Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
·In common areas, clean to meet Erickson standards:
·Clean public bathrooms including counters, mirrors, sinks, lavatories, fixtures.
·Clean lobbies/living rooms including vacuuming, high and low dusting, de-cluttering, removing trash, spot clean walls/windows/switches, baseboards, pictures, lights, HVAC vents.
·Clean classrooms including dusting, vacuuming, white/chalk boards, tables/chairs.
·Assist with collection, bagging, and disposal of trash, as well as replacing trashcan liners.
·Clean offices to standard with little disruption.
·May be asked to assist with set-ups, requiring movement of furniture.
·Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as changes in behavior.
·Maintains resident rights and maintains confidentiality ofinformation.
·Follows Erickson policies and best practices, practices safety, infection control, and Universal Precautions..
·Attends meetings, training sessions, andin-services, as required. Perform other duties as requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
- Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
- Ability to be flexible and honor other requests from residents or departments that can be completed in the allotted time.
- Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, andbe self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a special projects worker
- Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.Basic computer skills preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum of 21 years to drive.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment.
- Must have a history of safe driving as noted through a Motor Vehicle Record check.
Some Communities may require a Commercial Driver’s License or Chauffeur’s License depending
on vehicle classification and Department of Transportation requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift/move 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a assistive device or get assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand on ones feet for a long period of time; bending and extensive walking; use hands to grip or feel; reach with hands and arms;push and pull a cart, mop/bucket, use of floor equipment; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent contact with residents, resident pets, otheremployees, and visitors.
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions, unpleasant odors, and hazardous (concentrated) chemicals.
- May be required to work in the outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- May reasonably anticipate coming into contact with bodily fluids which may be potentially infectious. Individuals in this position are required to exercise standard precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices when necessary, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Works in apartments, offices, bathrooms, common areas, trash rooms, corridors, trashvehicles, loading dock, outdoor trash bins, compactors, storage rooms, mechanical rooms and maintenance yards.