Job DescriptionApply Now
Lead CookJob ID 5942993 Date posted 10/10/2017
DescriptionAt Riderwood Village, we're growing and we're looking for LEAD COOKS who would like to be part of a culture that inspires and energizes!
• We provide restaurant style dining, from scratch cooking, intimate dining venues, increased daily menu options, in the moment cooking, and chef inspired culinary creations.
WHAT YOUR DAILY EXPERIENCE WILL LOOK LIKE:
Our Lead Cooks are responsible for ensuring the efficiency and quality of food purchasing, receiving, storage as directed. Responsible for the efficiency of food preparation (from pre-preparation to plate presentation), sanitation of the production areas, and direct supervision of production on a shift to shift basis.
• Directs daily kitchen production and food preparation for on-time service of meals.
• As directed, monitors and documents preparation and service accuracy for all menu items to include recipes, proper food handling, food safety, proper temperature, taste, consistency, diet restrictions (therapeutic and consistency when applicable) and portion control, utilizing the meal production forecast.
• As directed, conducts daily Production Meeting and completes required documentation.
• Supervises proper presentation of all food items and to provide maximum appeal and freshness.
• Assists with scheduling and training of culinary and utility staff.
• Has knowledge of and ensures HACCP procedures and practices are in place are followed.
• Maintains effective communication with managers, fellow supervisors, subordinates and all other coworkers.
• Assists with supervision of organization and sanitation of dining rooms, kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
• Supervises & supports the opening and closing of food service operation.
WHAT WOULD I GET?
There are many career opportunities for qualified team members who want to grow with us. On the culinary side, we have prep cooks, line cooks, lead cook, sous chef, and executive chefs. With the front of the house, we have wait staff, bartenders, assistant managers, and general manager positions.
• As part of our restaurants, you typically end work around 9:30-10:30pm
• We offer excellent healthcare benefits!
• Up to $240/year for gym memberships, athletic shoes, weight loss programs, and more!
• A generous paid time off program!
• Up to $4,500 in Educational tuition reimbursement!
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE?
• Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, quick service dining environment.
• Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling, and maintaining a clean and sanitary work station.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise. Supervisory and coaching skills preferred.
• Employee may be required to work some weekends and holidays.
• Minimum of one year cooking experience in high-volume a la carte restaurant.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Graduate of a certified culinary program or college preferred.
• Call Ms. Lambert at 301-572-8399 ext. 6062202 or email email@example.com for immediate consideration please send an updated resume in Word format.