Job DescriptionApply Now
Office Assistant - Home Health / PRN-Flex - Evening ShiftJob ID 6383342 Date posted 12/04/2017
The Home Health Office Assistant for the certified home health services is responsible for assisting in the scheduling of home health aides, data entry, filing and general office duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handles request for services either by phone or in person.
- Assists in the scheduling of Home Health Aide services under the direction of the Home Health Coordinator and/or Clinical Manager.
- Assists in the hiring and orientation of Home Health Aides
- Distributes schedules to the Home Health Aides.
- Maintains a high visibility and availability in the office.
- Completes data entry under the direction of the Home Health coordinator and/or Clinical Manager.
- Assists in the billing process.
- Assists in the payroll process.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Prepares inter-office mail.
- Prepares and ensures that new admission packets and all clinical record forms are readily available.
- Tracks all documents from time they leave office until secured in clinical record.
- Files clinical record documents and office forms in acceptable order.
- Reports employee/client issues to the Administrator.
- Assists with Medicare eligibility for all new clients prior to service.
- Assists with compilation of reports for the Administrator.
- Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, orders medical supplies, files medical supplies tickets, organizes medical supplies closet.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively
- Experience in working in a home care environment is preferred.
- Computer skills required with a strong data entry background.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or equivalent.
Working knowledge of computer software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; (considerable time at desk) use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; keyboard repetitive motion; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent contact with clients and families, in person and by telephone
- Frequent contact with various groups of health care workers
- Frequent computer use
- Frequent telephone use
- Frequent use of equipment associated with office environment.