Job DescriptionApply Now
Philanthropy Coordinator - Full-timeJob ID 6383343 Date posted 12/04/2017
Riderwood, in Silver Spring, Maryland has a full-time, opportunity for an experienced fund raiser to become our Philanthrophy Coodinator. This position provides administrative support for the Philanthropy Manager, and Department of Philanthropy. Responsibilities include coordinating the flow of gift giving, working closely with residents to respond to their requests and needs, developing positive relationships between residents and staff, and fostering goodwill regarding the activities of the department. Responsible for the overall management of donor records and generating fund reports utilizing development software and the Microsoft Suite. May include tracking of auxiliary funds and in-kind donations from the Treasure Chest. Responsibilities also include event management.
- Provides administrative support, including coordinating and maintaining calendars of Director and Philanthropy Manager.
- Serves as staff liaison for donors in acknowledging in-kind gifts.
- Performs administrative functions that support the operation of the department to include the calendar of events, updating donor records and office inventory.
- Manages and processes all gifts, including receiving, depositing, tracking and acknowledgement letters.
- Responsible for timely input into development software and preparing regular monthly reports; prepares statistical and/or special reports as requested and assists development staff in preparing data for annual report.
- Provides support for meetings, including coordinating venue, room setup, refreshments, contacting participants, reconfirming attendance, preparing materials and/or designing invitations.
- May provide support for donor meetings.
- Executes special fund program(s), including organizational tasks related to tracking scholars.
- Contributes to the development, ongoing review and coordination of departmental policies and procedures in an effort to expedite work processes and ensure consistently high-quality service.
- Executes the fundraising initiatives, including generating request letters, inputting data on all gifts, acknowledging all donations, and organizing major fundraising events.
- Provides correspondence to donors, including acknowledgements and proposals; coordinates donor recognition, including events and other appropriate programs.
- Provides significant prospect support through maintaining an accurate and timely database which assists with donor research, calls, meetings and prospecting techniques. Tracks donor engagement activities and event participation in the database.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Appreciation and respect for a mature population.
- Ability to lead and direct residents and staff.
- Ability to handle diverse jobs under constantly-changing conditions.
- Discretion, trustworthiness, a strong sense of motivation, follow-up and the ability to ‘juggle’ a considerable amount of detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s preferred.
- 1 or more years of progressively responsible fund raising experience with demonstrated success in fund raising.
- 1 or more years of special events experience.
- Experience working with the senior population preferred.LANGUAGE SKILLS: