Job DescriptionApply Now
Physical Therapist-Home Health / Part-timeJob ID 6381946 Date posted 12/03/2017
Erickson Living's Riderwood Village has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Home Health Physical Therapist to provide certified Home Health Services, to the independent living residents here at our retirement community. Riderwood Village is one of the premier retirement living communities in the Metropolitan area serving over 2,000 residents right here in Silver Spring.
This part-time, 32-hour per week, position will support residents in their apartment homes. There is no need to commute between home visits. Unlike many home health positions, our employees don't have to commute between clients or seek parking for each visit. All of our clients are right here at Riderwood! Your experience as a certified Home Health Physical Therapist will support our residents to keep them active and living independently. You will work closely with our certified care team to provide exceptional care.
Riderwood offers an excellent work environment, supportive management and meaningful resident and co-worker interactions. This position is part-time position is weekdays, Monday-Thurs, 8 hours per day. Apply today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide initial and ongoing assessments to determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessment at appropriate time points.
2. Develop participate and revise the Plan of Care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members.
3. Assess, provide and instruct in therapeutic treatments and evaluation of equipment needs/prosthetics.
4. Advise and consult with the family and other agency personnel as applicable.
5. Prepare clinical and progress notes.
6. Evaluate outcomes of care.
7. Supervise Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aides according to regulations.
8. Plan for patient discharge.
9. Determine eligibility for Medicare home health benefit, including homebound status as applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good organizational, writing and communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization or as required by State regulations.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Two years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist or as required by State regulations. Community/home health experience is preferred.
Good writing and communication skills. Must speak, read and write the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Current license to practice as physical therapist within the State of Maryland.
2. Current CPR certification.