Job DescriptionApply Now
Associate Executive Director of a Continuing Care Retirement CommunityJob ID 2115730 Date posted 05/06/2016
Erickson Living is uniquely positioned to expand its’ market position as the leading developer and manager of continuing care retirement communities in the US. Erickson Living takes pride in creating senior living communities designed to meet the needs of a growing and diverse senior population. As it grows, Erickson Living will continue to build upon its mission to help people live better lives. This growth requires a strong human talent pipeline in critical leadership roles. To that end, Erickson Living is currently searching for highly motivated individuals to join our executive leadership teams. These individuals will be hired as Associate Executive Directors (AED) in one of our communities with the expectation that they will eventually be promoted into an Executive Director role at a community within the Erickson Living family.
We currently have a job opening for an Associate Executive Director in Springfield, VA at our Green Spring Continuing Care Retirement Community. This position will be responsible for all facets of community management. This individual will be assisting the Executive Director in facilitation and coordination of various teams of management, leadership and executive in providing vision and leadership for the community; achieving company-wide objectives for quality care and services; achieving revenue, cost and profitability targets; resident/community public relations; staff development.
We provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. We offer a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and workplace that inspires you to do your best every day.
The Associate Executive Director Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Review financials and assist in strategies for meeting budgets with Executive Director and Controller.
- Assists and/or substitutes for Executive Director in all facets of community management.
- Development of community goals to integrate with EL Corporate and departmental goals
- Coordinate with ED’s direction, strategic planning meetings for the Executive Team
- Involvement at Board of Directors.
- Planning, implementation, and assessment of community’s goals and objectives
- Monitors Incident Reports and coordinates with Directors for response.
- Oversees risk management and insurance programs for the community.
- Plans and coordinates implementation of and response to resident and employee satisfaction surveys.
- Monitors community litigation reports.
- Monitors and participates in resident transition process.
- Representation at resident meetings and events.
- Speaking at marketing events and other public relations and involvement outside of the community.
- Facilitates initiatives and projects that require multi-departmental collaboration or task forces
- Manages spend-down cases, monitors Benevolent Care Fund and other charitable contribution issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Due to the growth plans for the company, we need candidates who have flexibility for travel and relocation. In order to be considered for one of our leadership development opportunities, candidates must be able to move up within the next five years. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years management experience with progressively more responsible positions, preferably in CCRCs, healthcare, hospitals, hospitality and other customer-focused industries.