Job DescriptionApply Now
Front Desk Operations ManagerJob ID 6414746 Date posted 12/07/2017
Erickson Living ® is among the nation’s largest and most respected managers and developers of continuing care retirement communities. Greenspring, located in Springfield, Virginia, is just one community in Erickson Living’s national network, and were looking for everyday heroes to join our growing team. We combine are career opportunities of a big organization with a warm and caring culture. Enjoy opportunities for training, development, and advancement. Plus, feel good every day knowing that you’re making a difference in the lives of our residents.
Manager responsible for Customer Service and the Communications departments, providing guidance, information and wisdom required to manage the operation of the department.
• Oversee the day-to-day functions of the Communication and Customer Service departments.
• Oversee administration of the work order system.
• Hiring, firing, and performance reviews for the department staff.
• Analyze operations of the department in order to improve established procedures.
• Assist the Director in developing, tracking and analyzing quality control measures and data to ensure that each department supervised delivers quality service in an efficient manner.
• Assist the Director in ensuring that all departments under his/her leadership meet financial and general reporting goals and deadlines. Studies budget control patterns in order to establish improved financial conditions.
• Provide timely performance appraisals and administer disciplinary steps related to problems with all staff, up to and including termination.
• Coordinate training, succession planning and career development initiatives for all members of the departments supervised.
• Lead the entire Division’s review and resolution of resident complaints and ensure timely and appropriate responses to resident suggestions.
• Market the revenue services of the division by, among other things, visiting personally with each new resident.
• Coordinate and take minutes at division level management meetings.
• On call for any problems that may arise.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
• Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to ensure proper functioning of the departments supervised.
• Ability to communicate with individuals on all levels.
• Ability to supervise people.
• Ability to budget and forecast net income and expenses accurately.
• Ability to develop and analyze quality and productivity data to ensure efficient and effective delivery of service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in lieu of a completed college degree may be considered.
• 1-3 years’ experience supervising people is required.
• Office experience required.
• Experience with Office, Word, Excel, Access strongly preferred.
• Experience in facilities management is preferred.
Supervises the staff of the communication and customer services departments.