Job DescriptionApply Now
Director of NursingJob ID 6170580 Date posted 11/03/2017
Greenspring Village, located in Springfield, VA on a beautiful scenic 58-acre campus just 20 minutes from Washington, DC is looking for a Director of Nursing.
The Directorof Nursing is a member of the clinical leadership team who will be responsiblefor the overall management of the clinical staff within the Continuing CareNeighborhood. Responsibilities willinclude:
- Coordinating and implementing the comprehensive delivery of nursingservices to all continuing care residents
- Partnering with the Administrator to complete monthly budget variancereports, including any analysis of HPPD, capital expenditure, overtime andnurse care hours.
- Planning, developing and maintaining an operating budget for theDepartment of Nursing.
- Managing surveyprocess and all regulatory compliance visits.
- Completing annualreview of all nursing policy and procedures.
- Monitoring staffing, scheduling and payroll in continuing care. Ensuringappropriate staff are provided based on resident acuity in each level of careand provide recommendations based on identified needs of the neighborhood.
- Monitoring all aspects of infection control for staff and residents anddevelop appropriate policies for infection control monitoring and reporting tolocal agencies in accordance with local and state regulatory guidelines.
- Facilitating and analyzing clinical quality areas including wound care,infection control, falls risk reduction, pain management, weight loss anddehydration.
- Actively participating in Continuing Care meetings to include WoundRounds, Operations Meeting, Utilization Review and Performance Improvement/RiskManagement/Safety (PI/RM/S) Committee.
- Implementing programs to achieve clinical outcomes that are at or belowthe National, State and Erickson benchmarking thresholds.
- Reviewing and assessing documentation regarding each resident to ensureresidents are appropriately placed in an environment which will foster theirindividualized needs within extended care.
- Partnering with Clinical Manager and interdisciplinary teammembers to develop, implement and provide in-service and continuing educationprograms to staff
- Graduate from Accredited School of Nursing with a current RN License
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in healthcare; Additional nursing supervision and management experience in Skilled Nursing and/or Assisted living is desirable.
- Basic computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office, internet and web applications, Power Point, Excel and Vision.
- Experience with electronic medical record preferred.
- Expertise in wound care, quality improvement, MDS, Fall Management,Infection Control and standards of LTC documentation guidelines preferred
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills and desire to take full accountability for neighborhood and/or extended care.
- Willingness to be available 24/7 to support clinical care needs of the residents with non-traditional hours.
- Strong leadership skills and clinical abilities; ability to manage multiple projects well; positive communicator and active listener.