Job DescriptionApply Now
Occupational Therapist Per DiemJob ID 6414753 Date posted 12/07/2017
Share your gifts and talents with one of the 2017 NJ Best Place to Work employers! Seabrook, is a luxurious campus, situated on 98 acres and conveniently located in the Jersey Shore area. We have leading edge technology in nursing and state of the art kitchens in Dining. We are a member of the Erickson Living family, a premier provider of Continuing Care Retirement Communities nationwide.
Responsible for Occupational Therapy evaluation, screenings and treatments to meet residents’ needs. Is a role model of customer service principles and consistently monitors and implements quality efforts. Ensure that the department functions accordingly to accepted quality standards with a customer service focus.
- Demonstrates respect for, adherence to and promotion of the mission and philosophy of Erickson Living.
- Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations, AOTA and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understanding and compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billing reimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and other requirements as defined in the respective regulations.
- Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacy and maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right to make personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with the resident’s interdisciplinary care plan
- Consistently and appropriately responds to the needs and concerns of residents, families, and visitors in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hazards and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff to maintain a safe environment for residents, families and staff.
- Participate in facility and department meetings as appropriate.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of all customers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer service focus.
- Demonstrates strong time-management skills to efficiently and effectively manage administrative and patient care delivery responsibilities.
- Provide therapy duties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
- Document services and billing completed accurately, in a timely manner, according to company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the patient’s plan of care is communicated to patient and to family, if appropriate.
- Complete appropriate screening of customers in order to determine whether the individual warrants an evaluation.
- Evaluate, develop and carry out occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physician and in compliance with physician order. Monitor plans and modify when necessary.
- Orient and train new staff as requested.
- Maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to document (both hand-written and via typed electronic documentation) clearly to meet reimbursement and regulatory requirements.
- Reasonable typing and computer skills required.
- Must be able to speak clearly, be understood by customers and hear conversational speech.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelors’ degree in occupational therapy is required. Degree and training must meet current Medicare and state personnel requirements for Occupational Therapy.
- Current CPR Certification
- Need to utilize good reasoning and judgment skills to develop and adjust plans of care base upon status changes of the customer.
- Must be able to accurately complete documentation, billing, timesheets and tally evaluative tests.
- Experience in therapeutic care of the older adult across multiple diagnostic groups is preferred.